Roadworthy Inspections in Braddon & ACT
Vehicle Inspections in Braddon, Canberra and the ACT.
City Car Care Braddon can carry out ACT Roadworthy Inspections for vehicle registrations or just for peace of mind.
In the Australian Capital Territory vehicles must be inspected and provided with a roadworthy certificate before being
registered in the following situations:
- A brand new vehicle being registered for the first time
- At transfer of ownership if the vehicle is more than six years old
- If it is being transferred from another state - regardless of age
- If it has been unregistered for longer than 12 months
- If the vehicle has received a defect notice.
- All vehicles powered by LPG require annual inspections.
Once registered, a vehicle in Canberra will rarely need an inspection if it doesn't change owners and stays registered - however the ACT has a random inspection scheme which means at any time, in any road related area (including car parks) a vehicle can be subjected to a visual inspection.
If any faults or defects are identified in the course of such an inspection, then a notice is issued and the use of the vehicle could be restricted until a Roadworthy Inspection is performed and the vehicle is cleared of faults.
If you have a vehicle which requires registration, you are planning to sell or buy a car, or if you just want peace of mind that your car is fully roadworthy and safe to drive, get a City Car Care Roadworthy Inspection now.